Mental Health Help

Low mood, anxiety, poor sleep? Adults can self-refer directly to iCope for support. For service information, on-line self-referral and a wealth of self-management advice visit iCope (

Islington Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS): For children and young adults under 18 years of age. Referrals can be made via your GP or a self-referral

Younger adults (aged 12-24yrs) can also self refer to the Brandon Centre for their mental health as well as sexual health.

Islington Mind:

If you are suffering from a Crisis, please contact

What is a mental health crisis?

The word “crisis” can be used to describe many different situations. In mental health, the term “crisis” usually suggests that someone may need urgent help to support them with mental health problems.

Getting help in a mental health crisis

If you are already cared for by mental health services provided by Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust

  • During working hours you should contact the team that coordinates your mental health care on a long term basis. You can locate your service using the service finder.
  • If you need urgent mental health support outside of that team’s working hours then you should contact the Crisis Single Point of access on Freephone 0800 917 3333. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are not under the care of mental health services
  • First contact your GP and ask for an urgent appointment. This will allow you to discuss your experiences and situation with someone who can help you to identify what might be happening to you and organise further help for you if you need it.
  • If you do not feel that you can wait to see your GP then please contact the C&I Crisis Single Point of Access on Freephone 0800 917 3333. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.